Monday, December 26, 2011

thoughts


     I am currently dealing with a very painful two day old neck ache. I am unsure of what caused it, but if you think of if, I would appreciate your prayers. A recent outbreak of hives has also been added to the lot. I've been drinking much hot tea on this chilly winter day, which is very soothing, laying on a neck role (trying to fix whatever is wrong) and itching. All the while I've been thinking some thoughts I thought I'd share with you....
After reading Wrestling Prayer, Set-Apart Femininity and being in the midst of Tortured For Christ, God has been impressing some points upon my heart, which I have been praying about and pondering. 
       
I have realized the oh-so-important necessity and power of prayer! I feel like I've just begun to live - that is, just begun to know my Savior (who is my life). Also, the importance of praying specifically and tenaciously. "Boldly we approach the throne of God." I've been praying earnestly for the Lord to give me His love for others and to burden my heart for the unbeliever. It broke my heart, after examining myself, to read what Richard Wurmbrand says in his book, Tortured For Christ,
"A Flower, if you bruise it under you feet, rewards you by giving you its perfume. Likewise  
Christians, tortured by the communists, rewarded their torturers by love. We brought many of our
  jailors to Christ. And we are dominated by one desire: to give communists who have made us 
suffer the best we have, the salvation which comes from our Lord Jesus Christ."

       How can someone who has been brutally beaten, mocked, threatened, stripped of dignity and at times even sanity, who is tortured day after day after day for years, still love those who inflict this misery? I thought about this phenomenon for days, weeks even. And so has begun my quest for this unshakable, all consuming love. One that is patient and kind, doesn't envy nor boast and is not proud. It is not rude, self-seeking, easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. One that does not take delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. A love that protects, trusts, hopes, and perseveres. A love that will never fail. (I Cor. 13:4-8a paraphrased)

       I desire a set-apart life. A life that is completely poured out for the Kingdom of God. I desire to serve and invest all my time and energy in ministry and meaningful relationships with those around me. I desire to be a prayer-warrior and live a selfless life. I desire for my life and my relationships to be glorifying to Him.  I desire to serve my Lord in any and every opportunity He calls me to.

       Just thought I'd share with you what the Lord has been laying upon my heart. I would strongly encourage you to read all three of these books I have mentioned if you have not already. They are life-changing!

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." ~ John 17:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment