Saturday, January 1, 2011

two thousand and eleven *2011*

I thought the years were supposed to fly by when you are older, not seventeen. Nevertheless, it flew. 2010 was here and gone. But it's remnants have manifested themselves in my life.
2010 was a year of struggles and triumphs -- for myself and my family. The Lord was faithful and saw us through the trials that last year brought, but He also caused our faith to grow tremendously in Him. James 1:2-4 has been my favorite verse the last few years. He talks about how we should consider trials to be pure joy. This verse has helped me keep an eternal focus on my life, rather than carnal.

A definite highlight of 2010 was attending Worldview Academy! That week (the best week of my life) really caused my to grow in my walk with the Lord. 

Yes, I had a big, long '10 reading list (non-fiction)....how far I got on it? Well, lets just say I have a lot to make up for this year. ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------
 I've many goals for 2011 and it sounds like a promising year. I'll be graduating; starting an online business; teaching; working; following Christ and being a light on a hill; hopefully attending TeenPact and Worldview Academy again; becoming a "legal" adult ;-); getting my drivers license; reading like crazy; and.... who knows what else the year will bring?

I'm excited to see/experience what God has in store for my life in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment